Today LexWorks works with tech-savvy companies who are looking to benefit from the latest translation automation technologies. Typically companies in the technology sector already have a mature localization process and have obtained the main advantages offered by Translation Memories (TMs). Rather than continue to squeeze incremental gains from TMs, they are looking for the significant cost and time savings available through SMART* machine translation.
What You Need:
- To reach more international markets and
- Support more customers
- Handle more content
- Integrate more languages
- Source with fewer vendors
- Deliver to defined quality metrics
- Reduce costs
- Streamline processes
- Reduce turnaround times/SimShip
What LexWorks Delivers:
- An experienced global team available around the clock
- A large pool of trained post-editors
- Sector-specific expertise
- ISO 9001-certified processes
- Industry-leading expertise in the automation technologies that provide better productivity, pricing and quality
Technology-based companies are sophisticated when it comes to translation. They have to be. Their business is global, product cycles are short, and margins can be razor thin. Many companies have adopted translation memory, but may find they have already squeezed out all excess costs from the translation process. To go beyond incremental cost reductions, companies in the sector must get expert help. Which is where we come in.
What You May Not Know About Machine Translation
Machine translation can deliver quality that is as good as – or better than – a human translation. To get to this level of quality, two elements are utterly essential: customizing the MT engine on the specific terminology, and post-editing of the raw translation output from a SMART* machine translation process.
When working on large-scale projects, the MT output acts as a first draft, saving valuable time but also ensuring terminological consistency across many thousands of pages, the way only technology can do. This means that by pairing people + technology, our machine translation solutions can be successfully applied to critical content – including applications (ioS, Android, Windows, Facebook), software, websites, and multimedia to ensure significant time and cost-savings.
Documentation/online help and courseware are particularly well-suited to MT with human post-editing. LexWorks has been able to use this process to obtain higher quality ratings than the previous fully human translations.
UI (User Interface), though more of a challenge, can also be successfully handed with MT, post-edited to fully publishable quality.
Customer Support – the New Frontier for Translation
At the other end of the quality spectrum is customer support content. Often this is content that is here today – but not important tomorrow. Machine translation makes a lot of sense here – to get you to a very low cost translation in less time.
Studies show that end users are more than willing to accept language imperfections in exchange for information that helps them solve their problems.
- Machine translation can help you serve more international customers while dramatically reducing the cost of call center operations by averting a minimum of 25% of calls. (Source: Cisco)
- 60-70% of respondents prefer imperfect machine translation to the alternative of no translation at all. (Source: Symantec)
- Machine translation is capable of resolving nearly as many customer support problems as a significantly more costly human translation. (Source: Microsoft, Intel)
Forums & Blogs
More companies today are looking at making user-generated content such as forums and blogs accessible to international customers. We have a special process for enabling crowdsourcing of this “short shelf life” content. Our expertise in this area was recognized by the award of a major EU grant in 2012 to conduct R&D into automated pre- and post-editing techniques for dynamic, user-generated content.
- App Localization
- Software Localization
- Website Translation
- Technical Documentation
- Knowledge Bases
- User Generated Content
Bentley Systems | Gunnebo | BASFCase Study
*SMART: Secure Machine-Assisted Rapid Translation